Empathetic professional who also has background in co-occurring disorders and a keen awareness of the impact of family dynamic on early childhood development and subsequent adulthood that may impact their reasons/symptoms for care at this time.
|*Highly proficient in Alcohol and Substance Abuse treatment|
Seafield Services – Medford, NY
- Managed a caseload of up to 20 patients with substance dependence and co-occurring Axis I and Axis II disorders.
- Offered and documented treatment consent forms in patient health records.
- Presented case history material to review and discussion with other staff members.
- Kept abreast of new and developing information in the mental health field by regularly attending professional conferences and workshops.
- Provided comprehensive case management services, including creating treatment plans and connecting clients and families to appropriate resources.
- Connected clients with community service and resource agencies.
- Trained in substance abuse, co-occurring disorders, and the effect of employment and housing issues on mental health.
- Developed and implemented treatment plans and modified when needed.
- Conducted therapeutic individual and family therapy sessions.
- Facilitated a smooth discharge by encouraging and reassuring clients throughout their transitions.
Certificate in Film Studies - New York University
Dear Ms. Samuels,
I am writing to apply for the Patient Access Representative position with New Parkland General Hospital. I am a healthcare professional with an Associate’s degree in nursing and five years of hospital experience. In my current role of Patient Access Representative at Mercy Hospital I assist patients with intake and admissions procedures transfer orders and discharge protocol.
I am very personable with a friendly disposition putting patients at ease. My organizational skills are excellent and I am comfortable utilizing computers and technology. I have a firm understanding of the workings of a hospital and of insurance procedures. I have been complimented by colleagues and patients for my ability to resolve complex insurance matters. It would be my pleasure to bring my skills knowledge and dedication to customer service to New Parkland General Hospital.
I am quite confident that you will find my credentials and references to be in order. I would love the opportunity to further discussion my qualifications with you and welcome you to contact me at your earliest convenience by phone or email to schedule an interview. I look forward to speaking with you soon and appreciate your consideration.