10 Outstanding Free Astronomy Term Paper Ideas For University
Thinking of the perfect idea for an astronomy term paper can be a struggle. Fortunately astronomy is a profoundly interesting subject which constantly develops and changes as new discoveries are made. When writing your paper on astronomy you have an opportunity to tackle some of humanities biggest, most fundamental questions concerning existence and our place in the universe. Alternatively, you might want to tackle a much smaller problem, like the disputes between scientists over how certain celestial objects should be classified. There is always an opportunity to pick a topic which interests you when you are writing about astronomy, and that is ultimately the most important aspect of deciding what you want to write about.
Term Paper Ideas Related to Process and Methodology
- The re-classification of Pluto from planet to dwarf planet
- The history of astronomy from Copernicus to Newton
- How as the increased accuracy of telescopes and other astronomical equipment affected our ability to understand the universe?
- How relevant are Fermi's paradox and the Drake equation to the modern astronomical study?
- Have we learned enough from the various probes and manned missions to other celestial bodies to justify their costs?
These are some questions concerned with how scientists have conducted astronomical research in the past rather. Although they don't directly involve many astronomical theories or ideas, they are still very important questions within the field of astronomy.
Term Paper Ideas Related to Astronomical Theories
- Does the Capture Hypothesis stand up to the scrutiny of modern science?
- The formation of binary star systems in comparison to single star systems.
- Assessment of the evidence for and against the existence of the exoplanet Alpha Centauri Bb
- Possible ways in which a rogue planet is created/loses its attachment to a star.
- Discussion of the various stages of a stars life and the transitions between these stages.
These are some ideas which tackle real problems in modern astronomy. They are all subjects which scientists have yet to reach a firm conclusion on. This makes them great candidates for a term paper topic because they enable you to consider the evidence on both sides of the debate, and demonstrate your ability to think critically in order to reach a sound conclusion. Also, since there is no concrete solution to any of these astronomical problems you have more leeway to write and think creatively.
Hopefully these ten ideas will help get you started on your next term paper. Just remember to choose a topic you are enthusiastic about, it will make the whole process a lot more enjoyable.
Astronomy can be defined as the science that is concerned with the material universe that extends beyond the atmosphere of Earth. As a result, the topic of astronomy deals with all that which extends beyond the context of which is most familiar to humans. While advances in telescopes, satellites and space travel have allowed humans to peer beyond the Earth, the degree to which this has occurred barely touches the surface of the vastness that is outer space. As a result of humans limited capacity for space observation and exploration, it can be stated that there is more that humans do not know about space than what is known with any degree of certainty. Much of the realms of astrophysics and the likes deals with theory and mathematical projections of these implications. As an interdisciplinary topic, astronomy is closely linked to mathematics, physics, chemistry and molecular biology. The theoretical nature of the subject and its propensity to challenge values held by human beings means that controversy often exists when unpopular conclusions are drawn.
Astronomy Paper Topics
The professional staff at PowerPapers.com are familiar with the interdisciplinary nature of astronomy and can handle a wide variety of elements related to the subject. Staff member expertise can be applied to all elements of the paper writing process from topic selection and the selection of suitable resources for finishing a full academic project and completing a final edit. Whether or not a student needs a single page discussion response or are looking for help finishing a complete Master’s thesis, PowerPapers.com can help. For your astronomy paper topic needs, PowerPapers.com’s staff can be reached by email for questions regarding topics or to complete an order through our secure server.
46 Interesting Astronomy Research Paper Topics
Astronomy paper topics can be quite involved and intimidating; particularly to students outside of the discipline. For non majors, exploration of astronomy topics can include the utilization of other lenses of inquiry. For example, history majors could select historical analysis of astronomy topics like “Early Astronomers: Ptolemy, Aristotle, Copernicus and Galileo.” Similarly, literature majors could choose an astronomy related topic like, “Representations of Space Travel in Science Fiction: Ray Bradbury and Arthur C. Clarke.” Both of these examples would involve exploring astronomy through an interdisciplinary perspective. For pure students of astronomy or students of astrophysics, examining specific phenomena like dark matter or wormholes could be a better course of action.
When selecting a topic, students should first determine the lens of inquiry related to their respective field of study or interest and second, students should have realistic expectations of the degree to which a topic can be explored in the project size established. The amount of material that can be covered in a 100 page dissertation would be much more extensive than that which could be covered in a rudimentary three page discussion. Below is a list of some topics that fall within the scope of inquiry specific to astronomy topics. This list only is a small sampling of the many directions in which a student could go for their exploration of an astronomy related topic. The staff at PowerPapers.com can complete a project on any of the below listed topics or this list can be used to help inspire original ideas for student inquiry.
- The big band theory and the origin of the universe
- Stephen Hawking’s A Brief History in Time: An analysis
- Black holes
- The sociological implications of the space shuttle Challenger disaster
- The future of NASA and space exploration
- The moon landing
- A history of astronomy
- Copernicus and heliocentric models of the galaxy
- The Hubble telescope
- Life cycles of stars
- The implications of the moon on Earth
- Space debris and human impact on the solar system
- Haley’s Comet
- Heavenly bodies and human mythology
- The great crunch
- Newton and the Catholic church
- Early astronomers: Ptolemy, Aristotle, Copernicus and Galileo
- Why explore space
- The space race and the Cold War
- Dark matter and dark energy
- Beyond the Milky Way
- The rings of Saturn: An analysis
- Representations of space travel in Science Fiction: Ray Bradbury and Arthur C. Clarke
- A history of the Apollo missions
- Manned space flight
- Colonization of other planets
- Understanding space-time
- Implications of speed of light travel
- Time travel: Fiction versus theory
- Nebulae and masses of matter
- The effects of zero gravity on humans
- Astrophysics: Interdisciplinary views of space
- Controversies in astrophysics
- First contact and implications of life on other planets
- Careers in astronomy
- Stars and navigation
- The origins of life on planet Earth
- Human views of the universe
- Space weather
- The sun and its relationship to the Earth
- Quantum physics and astronomy
- Robotic space exploration
- Constellations and human interpretation
- Future business opportunities in space
Do you have any additional ideas or would like to further discuss your projects needs, simply email us here.
Click for more great research paper topics listed by discipline.
Tags: Astronomy, astrophysics, black holes, comets, planets, stars, sun, the universe
Category: Research Paper Topics